Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Serenity and Peace

Been gone a week and sick a week. I've had many opportunities to practice patience and tolerance. Came done with a sinus cold on the last day in Florida. On return flight, a normal direct flight of 1-1/2 hours took almost nine. Delays into/out of and in the Atlanta due to bad weather.

Got to play in the surf and run(?) on the beach. What a wonderful relief after more than a month of torrential rain and dreary dark days in Tennessee. Sunshine recharges my soul.

Reminds me of my journey in recovery. Of each lesson to be learned. I compare it to a trek across the desert. After days of irritating sand and blistered skin from fear, lack of patience or ego, there comes the relief of the oasis of serenity and peace.

While in the lesson time seems to stand still, the homework unrelenting; I can't stand the waiting. I want instant relief but if I hang in there, no cut and running, it finally comes, in HP time. What a relief.

I feel alive, humbled, I made it. I stayed the path putting my foot down step by step, now more convinced than ever that it was HP picking them up.

JF

2 comments:

  1. Hello JF,

    Thank you for stopping by at "In God's Hands" and visiting. Your comments was affirming, showing me for the need for patience. To continue to live one day at a time. Not to be hard on myself, which is something that we alcoholics are good at.

    But I do have a question. In your comment you said you were sober 4 years + 43. Not sure what to make out of it. I'm guessing you had a slip after 43 years of sobriety and have been sober 4 years since that slip? I bet I'll find the answer if I keep reading.

    I'm looking forward to reading your blog, to finding out more about you, to hear about your experiences.

    Thanks again,

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got back sound and safe after all the stuff. Great lessons we still have to live... especially when we get away from home... and appreciate so much what's left behind... And meanwhile lessons as patience to be reinforced if not learnt for the very first time.
    gerat Post
    Nice comment> thank you

    ReplyDelete