Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good Orderly Direction

A few weeks ago I was out of state attending a conference with AAs from all over the country. Wanting a meeting six of us, over lunch, agreed to meet in front of the hotel at 7:30p. Bill had the rental SUV, Jim had the directions and the other three of us were along for the ride.

Bill pulled up, we all jumped in. Bill asked for the directions.

"OK Jim give me the address. I'll plug them into the GPS."

"Here, we're to go to 1300 East on Twenty-first street, take a left, the club is the second or
third building on the right in the first block. Address is 2020 Heritage."

"Damn, I'm not use to this GPS, give me the address again."

Jim went through the directions for the second time; again Bill couldn't get the GPS to come up with its magic answer. After two of move failed attempts with the clock ticking and Bill getting more frustrated it was suggested.

"Forget the GPS. Since we're at 10 hundred south on Main Street. Leave the hotel take a right onto Main Street down to Twenty-first Street, take a left, go east thirteen blocks to Heritage then take a left. Bingo we should be there."

Great reminder for me.
Most often Good Orderly Direction doesn't need an analysis, just a decision on my part to
follow it.

JF

No comments:

Post a Comment