Friday, October 9, 2009

Imperfection

Found this old poem I had written a couple of years ago. I needed it this morning.
Thank God I can accept my imperfection and for the grace to start all over again each dayor if need be, each hour or each minute.

I've run the path
escaping, pursuing
what or where
at times
I do not know.

I've ziged, I've zaged
to a fancy here,
a dead end there.
To make amends
my step I must retrace
to find the path again.
Then pleased, I pride myself
to be a tad bit smarter.

However my ego
will have its way
despite for guidance
I thought I prayed.
My plan,
to not stray again.
Yet many times I have.

The further down
life's path I trod
maybe, just maybe
I need not zig nor zag,
if simply I'd pray.
God grant me
the grace to be
a tad bit wiser.

JF

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that was a wonderful revelation for me--to realize I can start over ANY time--before I die. A new lease is but for the asking--and doing!

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete