Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thanks

On this day, May 13 in the margin of my 24HAD book I had written two notes; great reminders.

The one in the left hand margin read BR 1964. All of the letters were crude heavy block and slanted backward.

The other at the top of the page read Psych Test Chicago 1977. All the letters were finer lighter print and slanted forward.

The backward slanted letters; pessimistic downers.
On the BR 64 date I felt like I was licking the bottom of the barrel. Every material thing was taken from us, home, cars, trucks even the washer and dryer. My ego as well as my mind were also in the mix someplace.

The forward slanted letters; optimistic, uppers.
On the PTC 77 date I was sitting in a Psychologist office taking a four hour Psych test for a great job that would prove to not only provide a good living but a good retirement.

In addition to the obvious it’s also ironic that on the 64 date a Psych test would have judged me a good candidate for the funny farm.

What would you note? Me? On this date 2010 I have noted in larger happier print. THANKS HP for both 64 & 77!

Started this the 13th
Have a good day

Jim

6 comments:

  1. Yes, both! Can't have one without the other. Neither one makes much sense or has much meaning or value....without the other.

    Thanks!

    Mike L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoy someone who records their life, even if it simple entails a few scratches on the side of a page. reading them gave you an instant recall of defining moments in your life, and sharing them with us gives all of us a glimpse into your life. thanks so much for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great when you can look back and even in those tough moments be thankful for them. they shaped who we became....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have said you were a good healthy candidate on both counts as your writing was consistent in each of them. Now if you'd mixed the characters...

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/06/jingles-june-follower-awards-week-1.html

    I am busy,
    but do remember you..
    Smiles!
    Happy June!

    ReplyDelete