Monday, April 5, 2010

HALT

It has been a couple of weeks of physical and emotional intensity. Been aware of HALT and took measures to stay balanced with meetings, meditations, sponsors, sleep and eating right.
However the ole bod feels like its been "rode hard and put up wet". Ok it's an old saying from horse and buggy days but the one that most apply says it for me. My sleep has been interrupted by protesting bones and muscles.
Which led me to this poem.


PAINLESS
When awakened
I embraced a bliss,
a calm untold,
for behold
not a hint of pain
in torso, limb or soul.

Yes, I did question
am I awake and sane?
I hugged the bedclothes-
a fluffy cloud
devoid of pain.

At seventy and seven
truly amazed
to be in comfort, oh so real.
At first the truth to tell
I half expected-
that final peal.

If this is it,
do not disturb, please
use no ploy.
Just lay here, wallow in
all this comfort
peace and joy.

With breaths of air
now slow,
a mind a grinning,
a body a humming
my soul did glow.

Squelching
a spoiling thought
that appeared.
I lay silent and
enjoyed the pleasure of
this respite from toil and fear.

In life’s frantic race
I can attest
rarely since a babe
such a bliss have I embraced.
jamesfrederickm 4.10

6 comments:

  1. If writing a poem like that is what happens when you cannot sleep, I hope you stay awake AGAIN--tonight. That is some "good shit!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleep well in that bliss...i hope for many more f these moments and less protesting bones...beautifully written...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, come on, the 70's are the new 30's! My wife came home from a meeting the other day talking about someone she'd met who had started using hard drugs in her 70's. It took her a few minutes to really get that she had meant her 70's instead of the 70's! Have a good one!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you're not aching and creaking!! awesome poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful hope in it. Hold on to it before it's gone. Written beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great message.I came to visit from dAAve's blog.I have a rcovery blog list on my main bloch Rambling Stuff,I am adding you to that list.

    ReplyDelete