Saturday, March 6, 2010

Facing Fear-The Rest of the Story

Hey, hey hey!
No return of the Cancer bug!!!!!!
Thanks for your prayers.

Been eight years as of Feb 28 from first diagnosis.
At that time they put me on female hormones. Took the shots just long enough to tweak my interest in "pumps". What really scared me was when traveling in Knoxville and lost I stopped and asked for directions. Relieved when they did radiation.

This past Monday my PSA numbers (blood test) indicated that the little monsters had awaken and were eating away somewhere in this Frenchman. The doctor ordered further tests.
On Thursday I went to the lab and took CT and Bone Scan tests. On Friday (yesterday) I went back to my doctor for results. The Scans indicated "all's well."

Yesterday before seeing my doctor I wrote about Harry Potter and his dance with fear. I think you see why I needed to do that post. I thought and feared the C monsters were in my "closet" licking their chops. Just waiting to devour me.

Between Monday and yesterday I dug into my private stock of "magic" you all have given me. I repeatedly prayed for the right attitude and turned it over to my HP. I put a lot of miles on the Serenity Prayer. I went to meetings, talked about it with friends, meditated and hugged my wife a lot.

The scans opened up my "closet" for the world (brought into the light of day) to see my innards from head to toe. I thought they were awesome and funny looking. My imagined monsters were changed into the everyman normal pouches and squiggles all keep in place by the skeleton in my closet.

love you all

JF

6 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Aulden's quote "Death is hearing distant thunder at a picnic."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I know well those "female hormone" shots (Retail price $2,700 EACH...I get one every 84 days...as long as Medicare says it's OK. Doctor says it is what is keeping me alive. Oh well!

    Also the "pump" interest. Well, I absolutely REFUSE to wear a bra at the beach--grin!

    All is well, I hope...stay alive, and you can/will be an oldtimer one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you. By the way, I grew up in south central Kentucky. Used to pass through Chattanooga all the time driving south. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a long sigh of relief and happiness for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. relief indeed God Bless! so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete