Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sanity and Serenity Restored


Sorry I did a cop-out on you'al for the last several days.
My wife and I took a trip over and through the Smokies.It was downright beautiful and restorative;embracing canyons between evergreen forest and gurgling white water streams.
We had been there many times before and knew it was just what we needed to restore sanity and serenity into our lives.
Once over to the eastern side of the mountains we attended a Dream workshop at a conference center for the week.
The conference was attended by over 200 great loving people all bent on their own spiritual quests. As it has been every year we have attended, there were a few of us in 12 step recovery. Meetings, meals and hanging out with them was the frosting on the cake.
Back now I'll resume posting and hope you will come a-visiting me. I missed you all and will be coming around.

Jim

8 comments:

  1. When I back away (for "medicinal" reasons) from the blogs, I find I am missed one day by a few. Two days, by fewer...and that's it!

    But you were missed almost daily, you write so well, Jim.

    I have a favorite nephew, and a brother and his wife, living near Gatlinburg. So we DO go there every few years (Kodak)...some beautiful territory up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you steveroni
    you made my day

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...your post was fabulous, glad you got to take a few days off and visit such an awesome place!
    last year i was going to visit my son in spartanburg, sc but the freeway through north carolina was closed due to the rock slide. in lieu of taking a detour that would take us several hours longer, my granddaughter and i opted to take the route over the smokies, from sevierville, pigeon forge and gatlinburg way...IT WAS GORGEOUS!! at first i thought it would take too long as the speed limit throughout the mountains was 35 mph...i soon found out that to go any faster would have totally ruined the trip!
    thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like a worthwhile break... welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would take a couple days in the smokies any day...beautiful country....and there are more important things than blogging....welcome back....

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to hear that you have fun outdoors...
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were gone?

    I keed, I keed...
    Post before you leave, If I can do it anybody can!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was no cop out. That was a checking-in. Good post.

    ReplyDelete