Saturday, January 9, 2010

No Lifetime Guarantee

Well here it is the ninth of January and I haven't posted anything since New Years day. Been off the radar, either going to/from or waiting in doctors offices for testing and probing. Looking back over the past five plus months it's hard to believe two people in such great health could rack up two surgeries, several lab visits and over a dozen doctor visits.

I'm sure that I was suppose to learn something from all the visits. Could it have been patience and faith. Patience in that I could look at the the waiting as an opportunity to catch up on my reading and writing. Faith to believe that the doctor was really in.

All the visits/surgeries were due to "parts" wearing out, obsolete or becoming less than efficient due to aging. They don't all come with a life-time guarantee. The comment from the several different doctors we visited was. "Not to worry you're in excellent condition, you'll probably live to celebrate your 100th." God that sounds old.

As it is now as soon as I get my "new" set of eyes, (Cataract surgery), the set God created me with were always clouding up on me, especially in the sunlight. I finally got the message in December when I whiffed a couple of forehands playing tennis.

Gratitude for: insurance; the promise of "improved" eyesight; no pain; the wonder of a "new pair of eyes" in just a few weeks and a wife who has patiently "nursed" me through it.

I did miss was the posting and especially your comments.

love you
JF

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you JF, I hope your full service goes well...!

    Sarah.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah, its that optomistic outlook you have that keeps you and those around you going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it was not for plastic and pills we would all have fallen apart long ago. Glad to hear you will soon "see the light"

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI JF! This is my first visit to your site and I really like the title The Turning Point. I found you on Steve's site another sober alcoholic...As a 50 something woman, I find myself at a turning point myself and the poem you posted about the seasons of life really helped me process some things, so thanks for that! Also, I have had cataract surgery twice and have been amazed at the easy recovery and the improved sight that comes with it!
    Hope you will visit me at 50somethingwoman.blogspot.com
    BEST!

    ReplyDelete