Thursday, May 26, 2011

Joyous & Free In Spite of Myself



Back again after a couple of months of blood, sweat and tears (I exaggerate, actually I enjoyed it) getting my new book ready for launching.

The title says it all. IN SPITE OF MYSELF I completed everything required (felt more like demanded of me) and the printers proof arrived yesterday for approval. With our approval I am told it is ready and available to all on Amazon.

The book takes the reader along on a trip through the first five years of his sobriety. It is the author's journey of mind, body and spirit that is accompanied by a running dialogue(conflict) between his ears (mind talk) over how to stay sober, change and turn his life around. The battle wages between his old way of addictive thinking and acting out to a new and uncharted sober way of thinking and living.

Happy to see all but a couple of my favorites are still up and running. Missed you all

Jim

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Jim :) Good for you! How exciting :) I hope it goes really well for you and you get to enjoy a little rest after all that hard work :)
    !! very pleased for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new book JF! All the best with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you Jim. I loved your poetry reading at the CWG meeting in April. When will we see a book of your poems?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim--

    Great news! It took me awhile to find it, so I thought I'd give othersvan easy link to follow:

    http://www.amazon.com/Joyous-and-Free-ebook/dp/B0053SM0PW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1310421679&sr=1-1

    I've already downloaded to both my iPhone and iPad Kindle apps so I will be reading over the last few days kof my vacation. While I'm doing that, can you finish up with a book covering the remaining stories of your long term and amazing sobriety?

    Dr Earle wrote a book (same name as his story in the book...) and it's subtitle was that it was directed to those in AA with longer term sobriety (since they can sometimes get totally ignored by those of us with relatively less time). That is also available via Amazon, but not for the Kindle last time I looked!

    Thanks for telling your story in this longer format!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete